Saturday, April 15, 2017

Chapters 10 and 11

Chapter 10:  The Cunning Little Linguist

IF WORDS TOOK OFF FOR THE SEASON

Sound would be clip art.


SAID THE CUNNING LITTLE LINGUIST

Enshowered.
Exfoliatively so.


I HAD JUST GOTTEN SOBER

So it was 5 years ago.


REALITY

Super silky.
Super soft.


THE SOLAR SYSTEM

Hey go with it dude.


LATE GETTING HOME FROM WORK

Schemata No.8-21.


BLURB

A terrific sort of
Debut
If you like
In a sense
To me.


I KIND OF WENT HUH?

It’s just the one page.


HE CALLED IT A PLEASURE AND A HALF

He asked me if I knew anybody.


THREE PAGES

Edited down to one.
Which was blank.


IT’S AMAZING

And so.


WELL I DID IT

But I don't know.


Chapter 11:  The Chambray Shirt

RAIN TRAFFIC

Bassinets of spray.


REST STOP

Hauled millions of washers and dryers over the years.


MATTRESS BONFIRES CRASH A DESERT NIGHT

It brings a lot of things to your head.
Hell I don’t owe frickin’ nobody nothing.


SO YEAH OK AS I SIT HERE

Remembering back in the day
New Mexico.


THE WALK TO THE MECHANICAL GARDEN

Tswee tswee tswee.
Snicksnick.
Whistle, peep.
Tseep tseep tseep.


THE CHAMBRAY SHIRT

It gives me mixed feelings.




2 comments:

  1. Of course I'd like the one about New Mexico the best ...
    'cunning little linguist' - really! if people today still had a decent vocabulary, you'd be getting a lot more comments and maybe some raised eyebrows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments, Nadine. Good to hear from you again.

      Delete