Saturday, June 17, 2017

Choice Bits


I

HE SAID TO ME

You remember when your ex-wife Darla
Stood by a fire pit and a dog howled at her?
I said no, I don’t remember that.


HE JUST LOOKED AT ME

And shrugged his shoulders.


II

INSERT GOAL POST HERE

Say good bye to stubborn fat.


CELEBRATE LOBSTER

All month long!


BATTLE!

Go all the way.
All the way to the top.
All the way.
All the way.
Oh so close.



III

I’M A BIG BELIEVER

In listening.
To my body.


I FEEL REALLY GOOD

About myself.


TO BE PERFECTLY HONEST

There never was
Like a formal
Iterative becoming.


AND ALL OF A SUDDEN

Two towhees come running.


I REMEMBER IN MY HEAD THINKING

Oh wow.



IIII

THIS IS THE THING

This is like.


WELL LIKE YOU SAID YEAH

You get there and it’s fucking like.


I THINK IT’S ALSO LIKE YEAH

As far as like.


SO THIS IS ACTUALLY

Going to be a thing?



V

MY MIND IS A HOUSE

Of non-reflecting mirrors.


I SAT THERE

And watched them do it.



VI

THEM

We’re them.


NO EXACTLY

That’s what I’m saying.



No comments:

Post a Comment