Saturday, September 9, 2017

Double bill: Drive Time + The Future of Humanity

Drive Time


MASTER BLASTER FROM OUTER SPACE

Your main boy with the joy toy.



TO THE BEAUTIFUL GHETTO CALLED EARTH

On such a winter’s day.



BRUCKNER TOP TO BOTTOM

Like hunting deer and wild boar.



BERLINER PHILHARMONIKER KILLED IT

They slayed that shit.



THE EARLY 70’S

Back then they didn’t have all the makeup.



AND WE STARTED OUT THE SET WITH

Bricolage for Late Stage Dance Hall.
Title track of the new release by Good Pope Bad Pope.



SAY FOLKS

How many times do you catch yourself
Complaining that your feet ain’t right
Due to all the pills and alcohol?



PUT YOUR HANDS TOGETHER FOR

Jhonny Soy’s Golf and Ammo Shop.



THE FIRST AND ONLY

Quick and easy.
Safe and effective.



TRAFFIC AND WEATHER

Everyone is 100 percent OK.



ALL LANES WERE BLOCKED

But not anymore.



FORECAST

A high of 260.
A low of minus 280.



COMING UP

Ninety minutes of commercial free scherzos.



The Future of Humanity


THE FUTURE OF HUMANITY

Depends on the outcome of  this meeting.



I BASICALLY SAID

You know what?



AND I’M BEGINNING TO THINK

Oh wonderful.



YOU KNOW HOW YOU LIKE

Believe in your heart?



IF I HAD TO GUESS

I’d say unauthorized.



SO MEANING LIKE OK

How much more to go all the way big?



IF I’M HIM

I’m thinking hey.



THEY’LL

What’s?



YEAH

Yeah no.



I REMEMBER SEEING IT

And thinking huh?



SO SHE SAID OH

And then uh.



OH WERE YOU?

That’s super.



WELL TECHNICALLY

But yeah.



I KEEP TELLING MYSELF

It’s OK.
And I keep asking myself
What’s OK?



A SHARED SENSE OF

Uh.



OH GOD

It’s like what?



SO I SIT THERE

For a good maybe 30 seconds.



NOW?

Was it now?



I DON’T KNOW WHAT ANY OF THIS MEANS

But yes.



OR DID I TELL YOU

And not her?



I NEVER REALLY

Thought.
Wow.



UH YOU KNOW WHAT?

Absolutely.







No comments:

Post a Comment